Wednesday, January 8, 2014

My Weakness=His Strength

My favorite part of our homeschooling day is when we read aloud together. Sometimes I read. Sometimes they read. Sometimes we all take turns.
I like to get books on the Kindle that we can all download on our separate devices so we can follow along together.
Reading as a family just has a way of uniting us in a busy and often chaotic schedule. I love that the boys grab a blanket and still fight over who gets to lay by me while we read!
I love the discussions that spring out of our reading. Lively and funny, or serious and heart-wrenching, I get to hear the thoughts of my sons' minds.
I believe there is a moment nearly every single day that I stop and look at them and think, "God, thank you so much for allowing me to have spent so many precious moments with them."
I have no regrets and it is a blessed feeling. No regrets of not having a second income. No regrets of losing time for myself. No regrets of a corporate career.
I KNOW that I am doing exactly what God has called ME to do at this time, and I thank Him so much for anointing me to do it, even when I feel like I'm failing.
In my weakness, He is strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment